Friday, July 13, 2007

Charles Mininger

1. Darker Than Blue -- Soul From Jamdown 1973-1980

Classic soul and R&B from the 70s reinterpreted as
reggae songs. The song selections have a strong
militant, black power bent. Best cut…..War's
"Slipping Into Darkness" sung by Carl Bradney and
produced by Scratch Perry ..it burns.

2. Roots – Game Theory – Listened to this for two
weeks straight. Favorite song, ‘long time’.

3. Eccentric Soul -- The Deep City Label

From the vaults of the Deep City Label, musicians,
many of whom were members of Florida A&M’s marching
100 lay down some driving soul and R&B, much of which
none of us have ever heard before.

3. Donny Hathaway – Everything is everything

4. K os – Joyful Rebellion –

MC from Canada comes to save the hip-hop

5. Black Uhuru – Red
6. The Band – Last Waltz

I really don’t want to hear it. Yes it’s old and no I
just didn’t discover it. Anyways, Muddy Waters, Van
Morrison, Mavis Staples, Dr. John, and many more, plus
The Band. I like it.

7. Allan Brothers – Live at Fillmore East –

I don’t care, I like it.

8. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, are you the Destroyer


Songs 5 and 6 is top notch, I poop on the rest
of the album.

9. Radiodread –

Turns OK computer into a dub and reggae album... very
nice.

10. Brenda Russell – Greatest Hits

Piano in the Dark is my jam!!

No comments: