Monday, January 09, 2006

Megan Ramer

A List by Megan Ramer, a good friend that currently resides in Chicago. She has submitted her own description and disclaimer.

Megan’s Top (& only) Eleven of 2005…

These are really the only 2005 releases I added to my collection this year. This list, therefore, doesn’t so much reflect my favorites out of a much larger pool of candidates so much as it reflects artists I consistently like, or shows I went to see, or new stuff that happened to grab my attention for one reason or another. They appear more or less in order from 1 to 11, though I really suck at this top-ten list thing. In a certain mood or environment, nothing will beat Sinead’s collaborations with the likes of Massive Attack, Afro Celt Sound System, Asian Dub Foundation, The The, etc.

Franz Ferdinand – You Could Have It So Much Better

Clem Snide – End of Love

The Long Winters – Ultimatum (EP)

Kelly Joe Phelps – Tap the Red Cane Whirlwind

Sufjan Stevens – Come On! Feel The Illinoise!

Moby – Hotel

The Posies – Every Kind of Light

Jackstraw – Rubber Wheels

Iron & Wine – Woman King (EP)

Ten Cent Redemption – Worst Plan Ever

Sinead O’Connor – Collaborations

No comments: